What we do
Ability Options provides a wide range of services to people with disabilities living in New South Wales.
These services bring independence to the people we support, enhance their lifestyles and allow the community to be enriched from working, supporting, befriending and advocating for people with a disability.
- We have a “person centred” approach to service delivery that emphasises the individuals rights to choice and self determination.
- We provide flexible levels of support tailored to the needs of the individual, ranging from a few hours a week to 24 hours a day support.
- We critically review our performance and have in place a Quality Assurance system that enables us to evaluate our processes and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
- We rigorously advocate for the acceptance and participation of people with disabilities in the community.
- We accept the responsibility for the education of the wider population on the abilities of the people we support.
- We are focused on meeting the needs of individuals in our care. This process involves all significant people in a person’s life coming together and determining the goals to be achieved in the coming year.
Ability Options has a team approach to service delivery and as such has a structure of:
- Divisional manager
- Program Managers
- Program Coordinators
- Team Facilitators
- Social Educators
The management team oversees the operations of Ability Options and direct support is provided by various specialized teams including Social Educators and Trainers. Ability Options has a service plan in place that has set outcomes that must be achieved in the coming year and which is monitored monthly by the Board and Client Committee.
Family involvement in the life of the clients is a major objective for Ability Options with the degree of involvement decided by the service user and their family. There are a number of processes already in place that promote family contact including:
- Personal Future Planning meetings are held yearly
- Annual Christmas Party
- Presentation Day
Clients are encouraged to participate in all aspects of service delivery and are given the support and training needed to do this.
Fees and Charges
There are fees attached to most programs and services however it is our policy to restrict these charges so that people can access the support they require.