TRANSITION TO WORK EMPLOYMENT ›› | JOB SEEKERS ››
What is Transition to Work?
Ability Options Transition to Work program assists school leavers with a disability to successfully transition into the workforce, vocational education/training or higher education. This two year program focuses on developing individual skills, abilities and goals, provides real-life training and work experiences.
Funded through the NSW Department of Ageing Disability and Home Care (ADHC), Ability Options' Transition to Work program works on establishing and working towards participants' individual goals. As a specialist Disability Employment Service Provider, Ability Options offers a direct service link to help participants gain work experience in an industry that suits them and to find work at the end of the program.
How we can help you
- Unlike some providers, We provide hands on training and work experience in a variety of fields
- We work with participants in small groups
- We help young people work out a career based on interests, talents and abilities
- We focus on developing skills and knowledge that will help participants in their chosen field of employment
- We help young people to work independently and with others
- We provide travel training so participants learn how to get to work safely
- We assist young people to develop a professional resume and portfolio, including references
- We offer a pick up and drop off transport service
- We have affiliations with community programs
- We work with each person and their family and provide quarterly feedback
- We offer opportunities to meet other young people
- We support people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Transition to Work participants need to:
- Have moderate or high support needs
- Have left school and completed Year 12
- Have an intellectual, psychiatric, physical or sensory disability and is eligible for a service under the Disability Services Act 1993
- Assessed as being eligible by the NSW Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC)
- Live in NSW
- Not be in paid employment for more than12 hours or
- Not be studying full time
About Ability Options
Transition to Work is just one service provided by Ability Options, a not-for-profit organisation that provides thousands of people with disability across NSW with better opportunities, enabling them to enhance their lifestyles and achieve their goals.